View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 10:34 AM   #10
ACSNMama
Registered Users,br>Formerly: Mrs***08
seller

Re: Purging Mode! Whoo, I am loving this!

I need to do more! I feel like I haven't seen a huge change, even though I've gotten rid of so much, those 3 trash bags, and large box of items didn't really put a dent in our home. Maybe that's also just because we don't have much space. Our apartment is fairly large, considering, but what we have is pretty much needed.

We're looking at possibly buying a house, if we get approved for the loan, we'd like to purchase a house we found that is 2000 sqft. It will be pretty darn empty, and I'd like to keep it that way! In that situation, we will be more of true "minimalists" as we really won't have much. We are a homeschooling family, so I have an extra "school table" that will eventually go in a school room, but for now it's in our living room. I guess we could get rid of it, and do school only at the dining room table. I just might do that, but I enjoy the "school table." I am feeling the urge to take it apart and store it though (it's our former dining table that our family outgrew), it is a nice table, so I have no intentions on getting rid of it, we WILL need it for our next place.

I purchased a dresser from a "friend" but it's not in as good of condition as she made it out to be, it needs to be fixed and I didn't know the "issues" it had until I had already paid her. I'm now trying to re-sell it (disclosing the problems of course). I got rid of a plastic shelving unit when I purchased the dresser from her, and I've now realized, I don't even need the dresser, but I thought I did. So now it sits there empty, taking up space.

So what it comes down to, is I think I've decreased enough, there are a couple of things I'd like to part with, but for the most part, it's more or less an organization issue, like, where do I store my yarn? I think I'm going to give some of my yarn to Good Will, and keep the rest that I am sure I will use for specific crochet projects.

I have a doll bed that I built. It was cheap to build, but a bit of labor. I love the way it turned out. However, I bumped it, and now it needs to be fixed. I like it, but we don't use it, so I guess I'll give it to Good Will? I can always build another in the future right? That alone would free up an entire plastic box, which I could put in the closet until we move out by the end of 2013.

ACSNMama is offline   Reply With Quote