littleleaf
Registered Users
Formerly: jcha***h
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: lots of questions in here - re: fitteds & starting back CD

RE: converted prefolds
- they will work fine at night, but you'll probably need more absorbency. Add a hemp doubler or two.

1) My laundry room stank.

2) The diapers smelled gross.

Your diapers aren't getting clean enough. I ignore washing instructions and do what I need to do to get them clean (which is washing in HOT water, with the full amount of detergent, plus baking soda. I also put vinegar in the prewash. And maybe once every couple of months, I bleach.) You would also be better off sticking with cotton diapers -- prefolds and flats wash out best.

3) I am not very good with poop.
Yup, I don't trust liners to catch stuff, and I just rinse out the diaper in a dedicated bucket, and pour it into the toilet. Or if you have solid poop, just flip it into the toilet. OR, if your LO is predictable, just use a disposable when you are expecting a poop

4) Diaper rash. What am I supposed to use when my little one gets a rash?
You can use cloth diaper-friendly rash balms (CJ's butter is a popular one, but I haven't tried it. I really liked the Northern Essence balm... worked way better than the commercial butt creams). Or, use whatever commercial stuff works for you and use a disposable liner.

5) Regular, button pants don't fit.
We generally liked looser pants anyway, but there are trim cloth diaper options that worked well with button jeans. A folded (snappied) prefold under a Dappi nylon cover always worked great under jeans for us.

6) Baby wipes - do you guys soak your wipes, or use a spray?
I kept a water bottle with my wipe solution (plain water + drop of baby oil + drop of baby soap) on the changing table, and a little bowl. I stored the wipes dry, then put one in the bowl, squeezed a bit of the wipe solution on it, then used it. I found that cloth wipes worked so much better than the disposables... in fact, we would sooner give up cloth diapers than cloth wipes if we were forced to do so...
SPOTS - new Thirsties and more ISO Jujube, Carters, Gymboree, Zutano girl clothes 18 months
littleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote