Old 12-11-2012, 04:54 PM   #101
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (December)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213 View Post
AFM: Found out today that DD has Fifth's Disease. She's had cold-like symptoms (sniffly, coughing, sore throat) for the last week, which is nothing out of the ordinary for her in the winter, but this morning she woke up and had a rash all over her face. Took her to the ped who thought it was scarlet fever, but the rapid strep came back negative. She usually gets strep like 3x/winter and the rapid always comes back positive for her. Called my OB and had to stop in for b/w to see if I have the parvo antibodies or not. Hoping I do so that little Miss is protected and I don't have to worry these last few weeks. I have my 28w appt on Monday, so I should have the results by then I'd think.
Oh shoot. you've all ready got the antibodies - although if you do test positive, there's no way of knowing when you got it from the test, just that you have, kwim?
I came in contact with a kid with fifth's when I was pregnant with DS2. Test came back positive, so nothing we could do other than wait it out. I never came down with any symptoms, so we assume that I had had it when I was younger (which is very common).

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS View Post
Better today. Braved a salad today and had some gas pain and discomfort after, but no GI pyrotechnics, so I think I'm in the clear.
No troubles after a salad is a good sign that you're on the mend. Salad is probably a good thing to be munching on, too - lots of cucumber, if you like it, and lots of water and gatorade (or the like). Gotta get hydrated again.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote