View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 10:42 PM   #1
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

RF or FF in this scenario...

I've posted before about our Diono Radian RXTs in our Forrester. I've been having a problem with my DD's strap tightening. On this particular seat you have to pull the tightening piece down for it to tighten. If you pull it up, it releases the hold on the strap and doesn't tighten.

With the sea RF, there is no room for me to get my hand in at the right angle to tighten. I have to fidget with it to the point that Im getting cramps in my hands every time. And the straps seem to be sitting weird on her shoulders.

The part where the harness inserts over the shoulders has three settings that are angled (lower) and three that are higher up and horizontal. She seems to be too talk for the highest angled one, but too short for the shortest horizontal one. On the highest angled one the straps are below her shoulders, but bc of the angle and how much taller she is than the straps, they tend to ease off her shoulders unless I really tighten them down, but then they dig into her neck. :-(. The next height up would be over her shoulders rf, which is a no-no.

If she were FF both of these problems would be alleviated and it *seems* like she'd be safer that way. With the RF it seems like I'm not able to use the seat as instructed in the manual.

She is 20 months, and 27 lbs. Any thoughts mh appreciated. I want to keep her RF, but am concerned that the seat isn't able to be used properly in this set up.
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote