View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 06:43 AM   #9
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Would there be interest in hatching chicken eggs?

I'm actually talking about a winter project. I'm doing most of my chicks now too.

I'd be very happy to provide links on all the best and most helpfull sites I found on hatching and raising. I think I have over 100 things saved to favs from all the constant reading, lol.

The thing is, I have to send the freshest eggs. They loose successfull hatching rates fast after 7 day being layed. I may do 2 winners? Eggs are a little scarce with the lack of daylight and the cold right now. If I did 2 winners, I'd have to ship a week apart to ensure the freshest eggs. I can't tell who, but many of my hens have stopped laying for the winter.

Incase you want to do some reading now, backyardchickens.com has tons in their learning centre!

Also, we have a homestrad forum here on ds. I do a chicken moma chat thread there as well each month. Lots of sharing, chatting, help, advice, just a nice friendly enviroment. It's under green families. Most don't know it's there. Here's a link!
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...play.php?f=226
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote