View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 12:32 PM   #24
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Re: Problems with the school bus... and I blame the taxpayers for this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymark View Post

Personally, my children will never ride in a school bus. Without overcrowding they appear rediculiously unsafe to me.
Statistically speaking, kids are generally going to be safer on the school bus than in the parent's own vehicle driving to school. I am not aware of the statistics regarding fights or other aspects of riding the bus, but in terms of accidents, driving in cars in more dangerous than riding a school bus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola View Post
Every child in our district in Indianapolis is bussed. We do not want kids crossing streets alone.
All of the surrounding districts that I know of also offer buses to all students as well. In fact, I have picked up my daughter from her high school and watched a bus pull out of the school lot, turn right, stop and let a high school student off at the house NEXT DOOR to the high school. It was crazy because the student could have been at home faster had she just walked across the lot instead of getting on the bus, waiting for everyone else to load and then waiting for the buses to all leave too.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote