evasimone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: HELP!!!! I lost items I sold on Ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajane View Post
/snip/
I would hope most people realize that everone is human and makes honest mistakes. That is why I really don't like reading so many threads on here complainging about sellers and the items they purchase. It can be hard to miss things. For example, I sold a Tinkerbell halloween costume from the Disney Store. I had no idea even after looking through it that there were about 3 tears in the tulle fabric. The way the tulle was cut for style, it wasn't noticeable until I went to put it in the envelope and then when I saw it from that angle I could tell.

The most important thing is to be quick to let them know, refund, and be apologetic.
ITA. I've had that happen too with missing a stain on an item. I caught it before I mailed but I felt really bad. I sent the buyer a picture of the stain and offered them the item for practically nothing ($2-3) or a full refund. They took the full refund and didn't leave me feedback.

I think as long as you are proactive and apologetic most people are understanding. We are humans not automatons and it's easy for us to make errors.