View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 03:50 PM   #9
Registered Users
Re: HELP!!!! I lost items I sold on Ebay

Originally Posted by ajane View Post
I would hope most people realize that everone is human and makes honest mistakes. That is why I really don't like reading so many threads on here complainging about sellers and the items they purchase. It can be hard to miss things. For example, I sold a Tinkerbell halloween costume from the Disney Store. I had no idea even after looking through it that there were about 3 tears in the tulle fabric. The way the tulle was cut for style, it wasn't noticeable until I went to put it in the envelope and then when I saw it from that angle I could tell.

The most important thing is to be quick to let them know, refund, and be apologetic.
ITA. I've had that happen too with missing a stain on an item. I caught it before I mailed but I felt really bad. I sent the buyer a picture of the stain and offered them the item for practically nothing ($2-3) or a full refund. They took the full refund and didn't leave me feedback.

I think as long as you are proactive and apologetic most people are understanding. We are humans not automatons and it's easy for us to make errors.
E, wife to my rock, S 2009
Mama to DD 1/13
evasimone is offline   Reply With Quote