View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 03:47 PM   #19
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
Sorry, my dad #2 (of 3 not including FIL) called me in the middle of that last message.

Great score on diapers!

I want to make my diapers but I worry that it will be expensive. I think I will make my decision in February. Then I am not dealing with twice weekly doctor's visits and morning sickness. I would also like to make some woolies but yarn is expensive! So now I am researching dyeing my own yarn. I can get 10 - 100g BFL undyed for $85. I get a few dyes for under $10 and I will have a lot of yarn to work with. It looks easy on the You Tube videos that I have found.

Has anyone tried these diapers? http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/workhorse.htm They look nice and they might be good when the baby is peeing out of everything early on. I have 24 green edge PF but they are bit big for the newbie size.

Also what covers are good? I will only work with snap, and I prefer sized (one size drive me nuts!). My son is 4 so I haven't kept up with current trends.
I love GMD workhorse diapers. I'm using them now with DS & can't wait to order my newborn size. My fave covers are Blueberry OS coveralls. A friend gave me a couple of sized Thirsties covers & I like them too. But I've never CDed a newbie, so I'm not sure about newborn stuff, but I plan to go for newborn sizes in the brands I already like. I can tell you that I HATE Flips. I LOVE wool too! If they weren't so expensive I would probably use them all the time. I have 4 Bummis newborn covers.

Last edited by leviandgarettsmom; 12-12-2012 at 03:52 PM.
leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote