View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 08:44 AM   #31
WannaBeGreen2011
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I don't always feel like I get it done, but some things that work for us:
-A load of clothes goes in the wash almost every morning. This load is transferred to the dryer after work. It is folded, hung, or put away as soon as its done. This is usually pretty quick because we wash so often we never have huge loads to do.
-Another load of stuff goes in the washer every night after the morning load comes out. This is either diapers, sheets, or towels. Sheets and towels are put into the dryer at bed time (since I don't care if they sit and get wrinkled) and diapers are hung before bed if they're done. If they're not done washing, they get hung in the morning.
-We grocery shop once a week, usually Sunday morning after church. I plan all my meals ahead of time and try to plan them based on what we have going on. Monday night is usually a crockpot meal. Friday nights we have homemade nachos. If leftovers are for lunch the next day, they get packed while dinner clean up is happening.
-I clean up the main dinner things after we eat while DH gets the boys ready for bed. I also use this time to pick up the living room and/or wash bottles and pump parts. DH washes the big dishes while I put the baby to bed.
-We try to vacuum every other day. I get home about 30 minutes before DH and the kids, so I clean like a mad woman. Vacuuming the entire house (obviously not super well, but a good job) takes about that long so I alternate that with cleaning bathrooms. I can clean both at bathrooms in that time. We use a microfiber rag to wipe down the mirrors, then the counter and sink, then the shower/tub, then the toilet and swish the toilet with a brush. I use vinegar and water for everything in the bathroom.
-The kitchen gets cleaned as we use it, so morning and night. I wipe down all counters after dinner every night and pick up anything that's loose.
-We try to pack diaper bags and lunches the night before. Our kids are in bed between 8 and 8:30 and we do not go to bed before 9:30. Period. We clean, pickup, etc. after the kids are in bed. Our "hour of power" we call it. If we have nothing to clean (ha!) or don't want to clean, we use that time to talk and stuff diapers.
-Weekends we do yard work, deep clean bathrooms sometimes, and occasionally wash a load of something. I try to do as little as possible on the weekends so I can spend time with my kids.
-I wake up at 4:30 every day, out of the house by 5:45. Hubby does the same. We each drop off a kid at 6, then have an hour to an hour and a half commute to work. I get off at 4, DH gets off at 3, and we both commute home. He picks up the kids most nights so I can do the above cleaning I mentioned. As soon as we get home, we flip the laundry, put pump bottles in the fridge, then take the kids outside for a little bit. Dinner is at 6ish, kitchen is cleaned and done by 7 or 7:30. We have from that time until bedtime with our kids each night. It sucks, but being a commuter family is hard, so we make it work. That's why our weekends are spent with each other. We do church, run errands together, go to the park, usually go out to eat once, whatever needs to be done or we want to do..but we always do it as a family. Usually I get an hour or the weekends alone (nap time for everyone else) that I can do what I want...but that's usually nap along with everyone else. (:

Our routine is ever evolving. I have a clingy 11 month old and a 5 year old. It's tough, but we're making it work! You can too!!

From my iPhone, probably while BF'ing.
WannaBeGreen2011 is offline   Reply With Quote