View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 03:29 PM   #28
EmilyA874
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone Ever Refuse Glucose Screening?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph410 View Post
a lot of you have stated "I am low risk for it, so I don't do the test".

I don't really think that makes a lot of sense in this case.
You can have no risk factors for it, as well as no "symptoms", but you could still have it. Wouldn't it be safest for the baby and yourself to take the test to make sure? Are you aware of the health risks?

I don't really get the resistance to the test other than a weird mistrust of doctors?
It's the way the test is done that most are resistant to. And the ingredients in the drink they want you to take for the test. I haven't seen anyone say they don't trust their doctor. I personally really like my doctor and trust her nearly completly, but for me, we try to eat healthy, stay away from artificial colors and flavors, and corn syrup, etc. Have you looked at what is in the drink?

Dextrose (from corn)
Citric Acid (from corn)
Natural Flavoring
Sodium Benzoate
Yellow #6
Purified Water

If I can take the test and eat real food instead of putting that stuff in my body I don't have an issue. I just have zero desire to make myself sick to test for a condition that there are better ways of finding out if I have other than drinking a bunch of chemicals and what not. That's not unreasonable, is it?
EmilyA874 is offline   Reply With Quote