View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 02:26 AM   #1
Birdof1985
Banned
seller

My Mood:
darn, i just cant stay out of ER....

I thought this pregnancy would be different, no ER trips... yeah i was wrong. Ill update in the later hours after some sleep.

jen

UPDATE:

i decided to update now because i am so furious i cant sleep.

In the past i have had placenta issues. Apruption, previa. etc. The past 2 days i have had a pain and it wont go away. So i thought ill go to ER just to be safe. Dont need any bleeding or anything to start. So, i had the choice between 2 hospitals, 1 i have been to but its farther away or 1 close but i had never been there. I chose the closer one. BIG MISTAKE.

I went, got to triage. They did urine sample, they checked Blood pressure 96/60<--- yeah thats low. Checked temp 98.8, hooked me up to monitors: babys HB stayed around 147. accordin to their machine i was not having uterine contractions. So she asked me about my BP and said shed give me 10 minutes but she didnt feel it was anything major and shed call the OB and then come back. So i waited and she came back, said her and OB didnt feel it was anymore than "ligament pains" and no reason to be alarmed or wake the OB on call. So a OB NEVER checked me, she NEVER checked me. i expressed to her the only reason i came was because i wanted to rule out a possible placenta problem. She told me since i didnt have a sharp pain or bleeding-- it most likely was not an abruption (which i hate to break her heart but i didnt have a sharp pain or anything before my abruption) and she said if it was previa theres nothing they can do. So she discharged me and said to call the OB if i wanted.

I am beyond PO'd! i cant believe it. I KNOW if i had gone to the other hospital they would of checked me "just to be sure" my OB or a OB on call. Yes i know it really could be ligament pains and i know it could be nothing, but due to my past-- im not ruling anything out. So in light of this, i will be calling the OB tomorrow and i will have him check me or i will get a new OB. I also know i will NOT be having my baby at the hospital i went to tonight.

I paid a $75 emergency room co-pay to have them not even check me and say "its just ligament pains"... why gee thank you.

so if you pray, pray i dont strangle the doctor when i see him (no i really wouldnt, but i sure would yell) and pray that everything continues to be ok.

Jen

Last edited by Birdof1985; 08-16-2007 at 03:02 AM.
Birdof1985 is offline   Reply With Quote