View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 10:32 AM   #4
sprout18
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Post you POSITIVE c-section stories please

I've had 3 csections and they haven't been that bad. I'll admit that I was scared everytime I had a csection but hey its major surgery your going to be scared. Luckily I've had great drug doctors (don't want to spell that long word) and my husband has been there to keep me reassured that everything is well. I have never felt anything at all during the surgery..not even pushing and pulling. Not sure why maybe my body is just not use to the drugs so it goes completely numb but my sister said she felt the pushing and pulling trying to get the baby out. I have a pretty high pain tolerance (I guess from having an older brother and being a tomboy playing with boys) so the recovery wasn't so bad. I was up walking around as soon as they took the cathiter (sp?) out which was generally as soon as I could feel my legs again and they could function. I was only in the hospital 3 days (including day of delivery) for each of them and maybe took 1 or 2 pain pills when I got home, thats it. The baby was brought to me as soon as I was in my room (they don't have recovery rooms here its all in one room) so that was right after I was stiched or stapled up and the baby stayed with me the whole time. I could bf right away when I got in my room.

The main thing to remember is that you just had surgery and to
1. try to get up and walk around as soon as possible
2. while you should walk around a little each day don't do anything else
3. have someone at home that can do laundry, help take care of your other children, make dinner, ect.
4. focus on recovery and your new baby - don't do too much too soon.

If you have any specific questions feel free to pm me. HTH.