View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 05:01 PM   #2
amandajiggles
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Shipping to Canada

As long as they ship USPS you will be fine on most customs charges. FEDEX and UPS charge through the nose. Just make sure when initially responding to a listing you tell the Mama upfront that you are in Canada, and ask if their price includes shipping to Canada. Most everyone I have dealt with has been great about shipping to me. A few say no shipping outside of US upfront, so I avoid those threads. Sometimes they will ask for some extra money to cover the additional shipping. Most of my purchases on the FSOT take 2 to 3 weeks to arrive, so don't buy anything you need yesterday because it will take a while. Also, keep in mind that there is a risk of lost packages. Delivery confirmation stops at the border and is expensive for international packages, so there is no sense purchasing it. If a Mama insists on DC for a package, I just pass.

I assume the responsibility for anything possibly getting lost when I enter into a transaction with someone that is not a retailer. I would never expect a Mama to cover the cost of a lost package if she can show proof she shipped it to me. I also like to give a heads up when packages arrive to let the Mama know it came safe and sound. I've been buying on here for 3 years or so with no issues. Good luck, it's addictive!
amandajiggles is offline   Reply With Quote