View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 06:52 PM   #4
cheezpoofs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Which would be considered better? (long)

Thirty-eight weeks might would be the perfect time for baby to born, if it was just the right time for that particular baby and if you could be absolutely certain that thirty-eight weeks was exactly as far along you were. Since you can't predict these things from the outside, I don't think this aspect can be determined accurately.

That said, I am against elective inductions for most non-medical reasons; but then, I know nothing of your pain or what the risks are to carrying until baby comes on "his" own whenever versus earlier forced eviction. I would weigh the risks of both options including drug dependence, possibility of prematurity, possibility of Cesarean, etc. and figure out which was best for you and your baby and go with whichever option that is.
Veann - Libertarian, atheist, bookworm, heavy metal Mommy to all boys: Lucius (2-13-09), Orion (4-22-11), and Castiel (3-4-13), wife to Matthew - Anti-circumcision, babywearing, somewhat AP, natural birthing/ homebirthing, don't care about being "green", doing things my own way...
cheezpoofs is offline   Reply With Quote