View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 01:03 PM   #123
momgoddesswife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Introduce your Preemie(s)!

Wanted to introduce us, we are new to diaperswappers, I'm excited that there is an area for us preemie parents.

Our little spirit boy is Casper, in my avatar, he was born Sept 26th and 26 weeks right on the dot. Casper was 1.5lbs when he was born and spent almost 4 months in the NICU. My water broke a week before he arrived and though we tried to keep in him longer it just didn't happen as we both ended up with a severe infection, they only found out after I delievered that my placenta was full full of infection and that is likely why my water broke in the first place.

Being that our first 2 were overdue and HUGE babies at 8lbs 9oz and 9lbs this was a whole new experience for us. Cazzy is now 16lbs at 16 months.

Cazzy is 16 months and has had a rough first year, spent another month of the summer in the PICU because he was just not gaining and got extremely sick after his hernia surgery, but he's amazing. He has a severe animal protein allergy so he's on Neocate, severe reflux on 2 meds, and his body processes fat differently so his formula needs to be super concentrated for him to gain anything. He receives OT, PT and SLP weekly in the home and we are waiting on EI as he is in the process of being diagnosed with CP, just waiting on the MRI to confirm.

Dec 31st was his due date so it's coming up to his "would have been" birthday soon.

Last edited by momgoddesswife; 12-20-2012 at 01:06 PM.
momgoddesswife is offline   Reply With Quote