View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 11:42 AM   #6
stjarks
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Post you POSITIVE c-section stories please

I had a planed repeat c/s. It was so easy. The only down side was I went in to labor and had to deal with that for a few hours before I got my spinal block. If it it planned, you will get a spinal block instead of a epi. The blocks are just a one shot deal where they inject a bunch of pain med and numbing med in to you, but it is not refillable. They do it right before your c/s and it is instant. I felt a cold chill go down my legs and then I could not move them. I thought it was cool. Mine was wearing off w/in 2 hours I was able to move my toes again. Keep on top of your pain med. Ask how long you have to go between dose and page them when it is time for more. Don't let it wear off or you will be hurting. I was also begging my Dr for food. I was so hungry and tired of the liquid diet. You will be on a liquid diet for 24 h.

Get up and walk as soon as they will let you. I went and took a shower. The showers had a seat, so I could sit and even wash my hair. I took sample packs of my shampoo, conditioner, tooth paste, and so on. Plus a new tooth brush. All I had to toss in was my brush and some clothes. I also took baby clothes and blankets. My hospital only had paper gowns and I wanted to put clothes on her.

Go to the hospital and take a tour. Tell them you might have to have a c/s and ask about polices. I know at my hospital, to have the baby in room the first night, another adult has to be there.