Thread: Homebirth Prep.
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 10:29 PM   #1
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:
Homebirth Prep.

My midwife gave me a great list at my last appt. and I am planning to get everything ready over the next 4 weeks since I am off from work for Winter Break. After that I go back to work full time so I want to be ready before that happens. We are planning a water birth, I already have the tub and liner.

I ask for your help because my girlfriend pointed out that she wrapped her mattress in plastic and put the sheets over it which ended up saving her bed. It was such a great idea so I thought some of you would have wisdom to share.

Can you share with me what came in handy for your homebirths? What did you wish you had? Also, what did you end up wearing? (odd question I know but I am rather modest normally and would like to have options to wear. It would not surprise me if I ended up naked in the end but just in case ) What was most comforting after the birth? Were your older children there and if so were you glad they were there? My twins will be 23 months when this baby comes, right now we are thinking of having someone watch them in our home during the birth.