View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 06:56 AM   #3
EmilyA874
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Homebirth Prep.

I second putting the pool on a tarp! Ours ended up with a leak and the tarp saved our floors! If you don't have some already you should get some bendy straws, they make drinking during labor so much easier, my DH was able to hold the glass for me and just put the straw to my mouth while I was in the pool. Oh and doing a test hook up with the hose to your sink is a good idea so you/DH already have some experience and know what you are doing when you go to set up the pool. I'll try to think of more too
Oh and I wore a shirt and skirt at home for the early part of labor, once active labor hit the skirt was gone, it just made me agitated having it on. I kept the shirt on until I got in the pool, and then was naked from there. I'm modest too and never would have thought I'd end up naked but I didn't care at all and it was what was most comfortable at the time.
My homebirth was an amazing experience and i would do it again in a heart beat, good luck!
EmilyA874 is offline   Reply With Quote