View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 12:39 PM   #16
Pixi6s
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Hospital vs. Home Birth...PLEASE HELP!!

I see now that you don't want to travel to the birth center. What kind of birth center is it? Does it have Certified Nurse-Midwifes or Certified Professional Midwifes? Is it direct associated with a hospital or is it stand alone?

If the BC only has CPMs and is stand alone it is barely any different than delivering at home. (which might be a at home arguement with your husband if he is okay with that BC). If it has CNM and/or is directly associated with a hospital than I would recommend that. It might be easier for your husband to accept.

We might be driving 55 min out of the way to go back to say BC on hospital grounds that #1 was suppose to be born at (we did end up in the hospital due to meconium in utero). I mostly don't want to for the drive there for appts to be honest - if it was only once for the birth that wouldn't be so bad.

It was almost a 40min drive when #1 was born -- we were lucky it was the middle of the night. I worked closer to the BC with #1 so it appts weren't bad. Maybe if you are worried about delivering in the car you can leave as soon as it starts?

i'm not sure I completely trust CPMs. I want to, I really do. I'm not sure if CNM do home births but that would be great!
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here and here.

Last edited by Pixi6s; 12-22-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote