View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 12:05 PM   #1
Rocket
Registered Users

My Mood:
Is this too much for 3 yr old?

Hi,
My DD is turning 3 next week. We've enrolled her in YMCA for preschool program for 3 days a week (M,W,F) from 9-11.30am. So far so good. I think she'll like it.
Well, during the past year, she's also on Child Find program and we have a speech therapist comes to our house once a week for an hour. Free of charge. It's for her speech development. She still doesn't talk like a normal talkative 3 yr old but she's much better than where she was 6 months ago. So far so good too.
So, after she turns 3 next week, the speech therapist willl stop coming to our house. In June 07 we had her evaluated again and they said she's qualified for a therapeutic playgroup for an hour/week starting this Fall. That's fine with me.
Then I got a call from Child Find this morning and they said they haven't scheduled the playgroup yet. BUT my DD is qualified to go to a new preschool program at an elementary school near our house (7 miles away) for 2 days a week from 8.30-11am. This one will be free of charge since she's still qualified for this 'treatment' at least for another year.

So if she also goes to this new preschool program, that means she will go to school EVERYDAY (3 days to YMCA & 2 days at new preschool). Will that be too much for her? She's a VERY hyperactive kid though. She always asks to go outside and play everyday. She normally naps once a day at around 11ish (but I don't see any problem if we have to push it until noon or so until she comes back from school).
We think that it's nice for her to meet two different groups of kids and learn new things. And it's free!
WWYD? any moms that have young kids in preschool age please give me your opinions.
THANKS!
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote