View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 06:08 AM   #2
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: RCS and lungs, etc

I don't believe there is any direct risk to the baby being born without laboring in a c-section. There is a SLIGHT chance of "wimpy white boy syndrome" which is what my hospital calls full term baby boys that have a hard time adjusting to breathing, but honestly that is a slight risk. It typically happens with white boys and not white girls though (other races are less effected by this).

My son was born via repeat c-section. I never had labor with him and honestly I have yet to dialate to more then 1 cm. DS was breach at his birth at 38 weeks 0 days. I had had triplets at 24 weeks 0 days so I knew the NICU well, and knew the doctors well. DS was born with the WWBS and spent 6 days in the NICU. They told me when I had him that he was probably born with slightly immature lungs. Which honestly makes sense for being born at 38 weeks (doctor's choice not mine). I asked SEVERAL doctors including my peri who delivered my triplets if this is just par for the coarse with me and everyone assured me that it wasn't. I am not destined to have NICU babies just because I have to have c-sections. Now I am insanely high risk this time with a history of pelvic radiation, so it wouldn't surprise me if I deliver early or get another NICU baby this time, but that would have nothing to do with my reproductive history, just with my history of cancer if anything.

I should also add that one of the reasons why DS was in the NICU so long is because of my history with my prior children. Everyone remembered DD and they didn't want anything to happen to any future child of mine. So they honestly ordered more tests then they normally would to make sure DS was perfectly healthy.

Oh and my son has no lasting effects of his birth. He is 4 years old and is just as healthy as can be. Rarely gets ill. Has had no problems with his lungs since his birth and you would never know that he was in the NICU for 6 days.

Last edited by 3 ladybugs; 12-23-2012 at 06:11 AM.
3 ladybugs is offline   Reply With Quote