View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 06:37 AM   #1
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Bridesmaid while breastfeeding - am I stressing for nothing.

My brother is getting married Aug 10. I'm due June 2 so I'll have a 2 month old. I'm supposed to be a bridesmaid and it's really stressing me out. The dresses she's pick are all strapless and as most bridesmaid dresses are, low. Not going to work with a nursing bra. She's saying (nicely) to just get a strapless bra and put breast pads in it and I'm trying to explain, it doesn't work that way. I feel mean putting demands on the dress I wear when she wants them all the same. I need the straps, I need the support and I need to feed the baby. Also, my daughter who will be 21 months is supposed to be the flower girl. I'm just picturing a meltdown 2 year old who only wants mommy and trying to breastfeed in a hot car, stripped to the waist with milk dripping onto my dress while everyone waits so we can finish taking pictures. Then I picture the rest of the evening alone in a room nursing because I have to be half naked.
Am I just being melodramatic? Am I being unreasonable? I tried to get out of it but my mom said I was only thinking of myself and being selfish and it's only one day. My mom is paying for the dresses because we have ziltch money. I'm not even sure how I'll get the dress altered between when the baby comes and the wedding. We haven't even been fitted yet. Maybe in Jan. I wish I could just not be a bridesmaid and just maybe do a reading or something and my daughter can be in it. Am I thinking it's going to be worse than it is?

Last edited by chandni3; 12-25-2012 at 06:48 AM.
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote