View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 10:48 AM   #11
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Bridesmaid while breastfeeding - am I stressing for nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennTheMomma View Post
I don't think you're being melodramatic. There are a lot of hormones going crazy still at 8 weeks postpartum, you may or may not be done with lochia yet, you may or may not be sore on your bottom, you may or may not be breastfeeding smoothly, etc. So many different possabilites. I would just tell her that you are so honored to be a bridesmaid, but you really need a dress with a strap. I assume she has no kids yet, so probably doesn't understand. I cannot nurse in a strapless bra, no way. My breasts are too heavy when not full of milk and if I wear a strapless bra I have to use that glu stuff to keep it up, and that's not very compatible with a nursing infant.

I think she can bend a little for you. Sure it's her "day", but you really don't need the stress which can escalate a lot of emotions so early on in your postpartum weeks. It's also not just for your comfort, but for your baby's. Sitting around in a car or bathroom just because she didn't want you to wear straps, is not worth the hassle in my book.

I truly hope you two can come to an agreement that works for you both. Maybe you can suggest clear straps on both your bra and dress.
I like this idea combined with the matching ring sling. I wouldn't want the hassle of pumping. Nor would I be comfortable leaving my nb with a sitter. Likely I would spend the evening on the phone checking up on baby instead of having fun.

I don't know your current size but when I am 8 weeks post partum I am a size G. Not a strapless dress size regardless. I don't think I would look very good sagging down to my belly button. Leaking milk everywhere. Freaking out if the sitter doesn't promptly answer the phone. Likely she is just in the bathroom or trying to put baby to sleep but still I cannot see her.