View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 12:39 PM   #19
Ellasundies
Registered Users

Re: Bridesmaid while breastfeeding - am I stressing for nothing.

I was in a wedding a few months ago when dd was 6 months old. It was our beloved BIL and SIL who were getting married but the wedding was hard on all of us. DH and I were both in the wedding party, 6 yo ds was a ring bearer, 3 yo dd was a flower girl it was expensive and LONG but it worked. It turned out that SIL was very lax which helped a ton.

I'm petite with D cups while nursing. I'm not a very modest person but even I was blushing when I tried on my dress without straps. I promptly sewed the straps that came with the dress on. I didn't even run it by the bride. If she gave me a hard time, I would tell her why and offer to back out of the wedding if that bothered her but there was NO way I was going to a wedding looking like that. It turned out I was the only person in the wedding with straps but the bride didn't care.

Nursing was a PITA. I had to completely undress from the top to my waist to nurse in a car in that dress. I actually have a beautiful silk ring sling that went perfectly with my dress but there is no way I would have been able to nurse in that dress with that sling. I also can't for the life of me figure out how pumping when I have baby right there is more convenient that just nursing baby directly so nursing in the car it was.

But it worked. It was one day and I'm glad I don't have to do it again.
Ellasundies is offline   Reply With Quote