View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 08:37 PM   #13
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Question for Pregnant Mamas

If my doula didn't have her breastfeeding certification, I don't think I would have hired her. That's very important to me as we didn't have the support we needed with DD.

I think we're supposed to get 3 prenatal visits, but due to holidays, we're pairing it down to 2. Which is fine... I don't have a huge need to see her more often, but I'm also completely comfortable with the fact that I won't meet my midwife until I transfer at 36 weeks.. I realize some/most women want deeper relationships with their OB/midwife/doula. Me, as long as our philosophy matches up, I'm good.

other than that, it was really important to me when I interviewed her that she had experience with things like back labor, etc that you can't really 'train' for and you get just over time. And she is trained in the Bradley Method, which is the method I will be using. So, that was important to me.

She also has a great lending library for me if I would like to read any books, hypnobirthing, etc - all things she's experienced with.