Old 12-26-2012, 09:07 AM   #1
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Preventing colds at daycare ??

Hello
So, my DS is a little over 2 years old. When he was 6 months old, he was diagnosed with RSV, and as a result, he still struggles with reactive airway at this point when he gets a respiratory virus (i.e., a cold). Therefore, Im always looking for ways to prevent colds or increase his immunity so that when he DOES inevitably get a cold, its not debilitating (which it can be for RSV exposed babies).

Seeing as how he is in daycare, he gets colds frequently due to exposure to so many LOs. The daycare staff is pretty good about hand hygiene and general cleaning procedures. DS is taking a daily probiotic, and this winter, we have started him on pediatric doses of Airborne (ped recommended) at the first signs of a cold. Despite this regimen, this has been a tough winter for him and he has gotten a LOT of colds (and had subsequent respiratory issues). Any recommendations for ways to further prevent colds/increase his immunity?? TIA mamas.