Old 12-26-2012, 03:03 PM   #17
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Was your ultrasound correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
My son was most definitely a boy in his ultrasounds. No if, ands, or buts about it. He put it all on display for everyone to see. I don't remember how far along I was.

I wouldn't put any stock in the Chinese calendar, old wives tales, symptoms, or the way you carry baby. None of that means anything. They have a fifty fifty chance of being right. How high you carry has more to do with your size, baby's size, and your muscle tone and strength than weather you are having a boy versus a girl. Symptoms can vary with each pregnancy. Even if all are the same gender each pregnancy can still be different. As far as old wives tales I was told I would wrap my child's cord around her neck if I raised my hands above my head. I have also heard that a knife under the mattress can cut the pain. So I don't take much stock in that. For the Chinese calendar if that was really accurate no Chinese woman would want a gender ultrasound done. She wouldn't need it.
I dont agree. alot of these are right on for many moms. especially the way they carry, how much sickness, if they grown more hair in pegnancy/nails better... if you pay attention to each baby w that mom, you can get a good guess that is right more times than not. and its fun to guess!!