View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 04:50 PM   #19
deely
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmisterkitty
I'm not actually looking to move or stay home or anything. We already do things thriftily, like paper stuff, homemade cleaners, no vacations, selling stuff, rare haircuts, old cars, secondhand everything, no eating out, etc. Like I said, it feels like a weird income bracket. it's middle class, but we have nothing to show for it. the "cost" of working isn't an issue. I don't do meals out or have a special wardrobe for work or anything. Just childcare and gas, both of which are handily covered with my wages.

This is our family. But sometimes it's not just Stay Home Or Don't. My husband and I both work odd schedules so one of us is always home. I work full time, but I also have a lot of the benefits of being a stay at home mom. I'm home until 1:30 in the afternoon and then I go to work. My husband gets home at noon and takes over when I leave. I work 4 10 hour days on 2nd shift and my husband works 3rd shift. We found a way to have the best of both worlds for us. We don't "need" my income, but my income does provide us extra security and peace of mind that we wouldn't have if I stayed home. I would give up any material item to be home with my kid, but I will not sacrifice peace and security for the whole family.
deely is offline   Reply With Quote