View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 05:00 PM   #22
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller

My Mood:
Re: What Lengths Have You/Would You Go To To Stay Home?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deely View Post
This is our family. But sometimes it's not just Stay Home Or Don't. My husband and I both work odd schedules so one of us is always home. I work full time, but I also have a lot of the benefits of being a stay at home mom. I'm home until 1:30 in the afternoon and then I go to work. My husband gets home at noon and takes over when I leave. I work 4 10 hour days on 2nd shift and my husband works 3rd shift. We found a way to have the best of both worlds for us. We don't "need" my income, but my income does provide us extra security and peace of mind that we wouldn't have if I stayed home. I would give up any material item to be home with my kid, but I will not sacrifice peace and security for the whole family.
I think that right there is the trade off for many with being a SAHM vs a WOHM. We don't have any savings and haven't for years, so we don't have that extra security that I assume you are talking about. Its really nerve-wracking and I've definitely had moments where I was crunching numbers, trying to figure out if it would be worth it for me to get a job and put our youngest 2 in daycare!
madebymommy is offline   Reply With Quote