View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 08:36 PM   #29
Mags462
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What Lengths Have You/Would You Go To To Stay Home?

Well we always planned on me staying home once children joined our family. So we always lived within our means (which starting out were SMALL) and made sure that our choices were in line with our future wants of me staying home and DH being the sole provider. We worked a LOT through college and studied like mad to get as many scholarships as possible and then to be able to pay cash for our expenses as needed. Which allowed us to both get our Bachelors with a fraction of the debt that nearly everyone i know leaves with. This meant that we weren't burdened with a huge monthly payment we couldn't afford when i stopped working. We also paid sweat equity and paid a LOT of it to have our home. Honestly, its nothing "fancy".... its 1400 sq ft and we take pride in it (DH true love is the lawn ) so it looks like it costs a lot more than it did. Again, we did this all based on a one income scenario. It meant a LOT of physical labor, a lot of working insane hours, but its worth it. Well to us it is. We have a comfortable home we love, that we can afford on one income. Both of our cars are 2005's but they run well and we maintain them.

It honestly takes a lot of effort on my part to make sure we spend wisely to cover our monthly expenses - but that's my contribution right now - he makes the money and i make it go as far as possible.

I do intend to re-enter the work force at some point..... but i have not worked outside our home in nearly 7 years - since DS1 was born. Me being home with the children is a priority so we just make it happen.