View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 10:23 PM   #1
rahhlady
Registered Users
seller

At my wits end with sleep issues...

My son started sleeping through the night at 3.5 months. Ever since he has been a decent sleeper. Up until a month ago. [He will be three on the 18th]

He started waking up in the middle of the night. It did sort of coincide with the time that he potty trained, but we didn't force overnight training. He did it on his own within about a week of being day trained.

Every. Single. Night. He wakes up in the middle of the night. Every night. Sometimes he needs to pee, but sometimes he doesn't. I do not feel comfortable letting him be able to get out of his room in the middle of the night, because I am scared that he will go downstairs and get into things instead of coming to us. We have tried letting him fall asleep with the door open and not closing it until the middle of the night... no luck. Even the two nights we left it open, he still woke up. He fights and fights and we usually just let him sleep in our bed. However, he moves all over the place and we don't sleep good at all.

We have tried skipping naps. We have tried making bedtimes later. We have tried Melatonin. We have tried cutting down liquids before bed. I even took him to the doctor. He is going to have his tonsils and adenoids out in February to see if that helps.

If we don't go get him in the middle of the night, he just bangs and bangs on his door. Screams at the top of his lungs and he can go on for 30 minutes + without going back to sleep. My husband works either 8 am to 5:30 or 4:30 until 1:30- 2am. So his schedule isn't the same every night and he can't afford to miss out on sleep due to screaming and crying. I do not know what to do. I am seriously so depressed because I literally cannot get enough rest. His behavior during the day is erratic and tiring too. He used to be such an easy kid and I have no idea what to do at this point.