Old 12-26-2012, 10:22 PM   #4
smashncakes
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: NOT losing weight while BFing

I gain while breastfeeding as well. I think a lot of it does have to do with lack of sleep, and I'm constantly HUNGRY while breastfeeding...its not like a "oh, I'll have a little snack" kind of hungry...no, I'm talking like eating twice as much as my grown man hubby at each meal, plus snacks throughout the day, plus TONS of water (at least a gallon a day, usually that plus another 16-20 oz cup a day). As soon as baby weans, I drop about 20 pounds within the first month without trying, then I have to work a bit harder to drop anything after that. My third little one is 15 months old and still nursing, and I've had a record 10 pound overall weight loss since he was born...the most I've EVER managed to lose while breastfeeding. Keep eating healthy and exercising, it helps to already have the habits in place so that when you *do* start losing, you don't have any big changes you have to work into your routine. It might not hurt to have your thyroid tested, maybe ask your doc? I had mine tested, but there's family history of thyroid issues for me...but it *can* cause issues with the ability to lose weight.