Re: The "~$5 Meal Ideas~" thread...
I tried this recipe last week, it was so easy to make and my kids couldn't eat enough of it.
Beef Noodle Shepherd's Pie
• pound ground beef
• 1 1/2 cups hot water
• 1 (1.25 ounce) package beef with onion soup mix
• 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
• 2 cups prepared mashed potatoes ( i used hungry jack instant)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. In a medium skillet, brown beef over medium high heat and drain. Stir in water, soup mix and elbow macaroni; let simmer all together for 5 minutes.
3. Pour mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Top with potatoes and sprinkle with paprika. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes and serve hot.
4. Optional – Top with Brown Gravy