View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
Geckmumto3
Registered Users

My Mood:
Bathroom issue, perhaps TMI

We have a neighbour, close friend to DD who has a health issue that is managed by taking regular supplements. These supplements lead to her having some diarrhea issues/loose stool. She is almost 10.

A while ago, her mother told me a story about how a receptionist at an optometrist they visit frequently had embarrassed the daughter by calling her out in front of the mother on the mess she regularly left in the bathroom. As in, there is often poop on the seat, smears, etc... The mom was livid that the receptionist was not more sensitive about this, and felt the receptionist didn't need to say anything. Apparently, the receptionist mentioned that it had been left in this way many times and she felt she needed to say something.

So, we have the same issue here. This child is here often; she comes for playdates, sleep overs, car pooling to extra curriculars. Every time she is here, there are always messes left in the bathroom. Always. She is here today, and DH just came to me, outraged that one of the children had left such a mess in the bathroom.

I am not really sure how to approach this. If the mother had not already relayed that story to me, I would just say, "Hey (Mom), I know your DD's meds leave her with these issues, but how can best approach her at our house so she is not leaving poop all over the toilet?" I mean, the kid is almost 10, this is a life long issue she will have, she needs to be responsible for it, IMO. I am also tempted to just put some lysol wipes in the bathroom and point them out to the kid when she is here. "Just in case you should need these, here are some wipes. Feel free to throw the used wipes in the garbage can."

Thoughts? What would you do?

Last edited by Geckmumto3; 12-27-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Geckmumto3 is offline   Reply With Quote