View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 09:05 PM   #1
aylasmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

3 year old discipline and sleep problems

Our daughter just turned three a few weeks ago. Pretty much from about that time, she has started a few bad habits.

1. She has begun to lie awake in bed, moving about and playing. It now takes us up to 2 sometimes 3 hours just to get her to sleep. We have always been a co sleeping family and, generally we all go to bed together. However, DH and I can't do this anymore. We're losing sleep because of it. We've gotten so frustrated that we're both raising our voices at her, making threats (that we generally follow up on), and just recently banished her to her bed which has always been next to ours though she's slept in it a grand total of 5 times. We got her a dream light to see if it would give her something to focus on, but it actually seems to have made it worse with the stimulation.

On to #2:
Same time frame. She has been refusing to listen to me or Dh. She will purposely do something she knows will upset me and come to see my reaction. Eating has been a really hard one. She won't eat. She won't even try what's on her plate. I tell her she had to try everything before she says she doesn't like it but it doesn't work. Tonight I tried having her sit at the table until she was finished. She sat there for a while, then decided to see if she could make a game of getting down and back up again. Finally we just took her to bed, dinner uneaten. (she fell asleep).

That was just an example, but there's more and I feel like I just keep yelling at her rather than actually solving a problem. I need help figuring out what to do!

Extenuating circumstances that are important to note: I am due any day with baby #2. Being this pregnant is definitely inhibiting my ability to play with Ayla. She is excited though and genuinely seems happy to meet the new babe. I have been moving things about the house In preparation. Her stuff has only benefitted however with better organization.

Ok thanks for reading the book! I'd appreciate any help. :-)

Foggy Knits WAHM Page Foggy Knits Facebook
aylasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote