Thread: Ham stock.
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 11:43 AM   #4
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ham stock.

I don't know. i wanted to use my ham bone to make soup, but I found the same thing. What I ended up doing was using half chicken stock and half water with the ham bone- didn't make stock ahead of time. So I didn't have the fat issue, but I would have scraped it off the top, I usually do for chicken.

BTW our soup was a anything and everything soup. I took what we had and used it up. about 5 cups chicken broth, 2 cups water, ham bone + left over chopped ham, carrots, celery, onion, potatoes, handful of pasta (my kids will eat almost anything if it has pasta in it) and left over green beans (like whole green beans that were sauteed in olive oil with onions. I just chopped them into smaller pieces) and half a cabbage thinly sliced. I literally looked into my fridge and and grabbed every veggie that was in there and started chopping. It turned out great. Oh and i threw in a can of diced tomatoes too.