View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 11:51 AM   #2
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Interrupting nap times?

I don't know what to tell you to do. If you don't interrupt nap time and a pack and play won't work, I guess you just don't go. Personally, we make every effort to get our children their naps each day. But, every once in a while, something comes up that messes it up. 3-4 hrs in the middle of the day can be very hard to work around, especially for everyone else. We have 6 kids and we do all value naps and bedtime, but sometimes we have to bend if we want to be involved.

So, the options I see are
1. don't worry about the nap that day, expect your child to fall asleep on the way home, be cranky later (and possibly the next day too. it affects mine the following day as well) and put him to bed early.
2. Go at 12 and leave at 1 or a little later (pointless IMO)
3. Bring a pack and play and try to get him to nap in it and give up if it doesn't work and resort to skipping it or leaving.
4. Don't go.

Personally, I would try the pack and play and then skip it if he wouldn't go to sleep in there. To me, it's okay to get out of routine for 1 day. But, that's just me.

Good luck figuring it out.

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 12-28-2012 at 12:00 PM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote