Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Vitamin K

Quote:
Originally Posted by itiswhatitis1984 View Post
The studies are controversial that the large dose given at one shot increases the risk of childhood leukemia. To off set that you can give a smaller dose once a week over 5 weeks and they still get the same amount, just slower. Personally I feel more comfortable doing it slow and steady.

As far as the eye drops they are to protect the baby if you have the std chlamydia. If you have it and birth vaginally the bacteria can get in their eyes and cause blindness. I'm also opting out if that because I know I'm negative and don't see the point of giving unnecessary antibiotics.

Both are my personal (well my husbands and mine) opinion and what we feel is best for our family but I encourage everyone to do what is right for theirs
:Yeahthat: We did the oral for both kids, and skipped the eye antibiotic goop too - its amazing but the hospitals even put it in the eyes of scheduled c-section babies, simply so they can bill for it! I will tell you that we didn't complete the oral vitamin K series, only the first 2 doses (birth and 1 week) because it was pretty clear at a week that they didn't have any bleeding disorders. I would have finished the series if there was any doubt or we had any concerns.