View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 02:11 PM   #1
crunch!910
Registered Users

never learning to nurse discreetly?

I have a friend who's baby is 8 months old, and she still has never been able to learn to nurse discreetly. She has nursing tank tops and is a tshirt kind of person, so she's already got all the tools you need to nurse discreetly, but just doesn't? She still does the newborn hold where she whips out the entire breast and doing the Crossover Hold/Cross Cradle which I typically find to be more revealing when you could just cradle them and hide the side boob and let your shirt fall to hid the top boob and very little skin shows. She won't nurse in public, her husband doesn't like when she nurses in front of others, and my husband always has to go to the other room when she's over, so she's not just choosing to whip it out because she thinks there is nothing sexual about boobs ... should I offer some tips or help on how to nurse discreetly, or just keep my mouth shut? I don't want to make her feel even MORE insecure about how much she's showing because she's not overly committed to breastfeeding and I feel like it'd just be one more reason for her to wean early (baby has no teeth yet, but she keeps saying as soon as he has teeth, she's weaning). But then again, she sees me nursing showing nothing all the time, and has never attempted to mimic?? I nurse discreetly without a cover with my BIL and other men in the room all the time. I make sure to warn anyone who might get a peep to look away during the latch on(actually, most of the time they hear me say I'm going to feed the baby, and just know), and then once latched and adjusted, literally not even a peep of skin is showing.