View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 03:55 PM   #1
marenmccoy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anyone else have a little one who acts like mine?

My son is about to turn 3 and sometimes he can be a great joy. Sometimes, perhaps more often, he is mean and surly and just kind of weird. Here are some examples of things he does:

- He loves to sing but he hates it when people sing and if they try he yells at them to stop. He also seems to dislike clapping. At birthdays I have to bring him into another room and talk him down from an emotional fit when they sing happy birthday. At x-mas a young cousin made a nice speech about holidays and when everyone clapped DS ran from the room yelling.

- On halloween he refused to wear his costume (he requested the specific costume I made, but just wouldn't wear it). We went to a halloween party where all the kids (who he knows) wore costumes and marched in a costume "parade"...he insisted on marching but in his regular clothes.

- When he gets hurt it seems that he just gets mad. He screams and tries to hit me if I try to comfort him.

- He wanted nothing to do with playing in the snow or sledding, even with other kids he knows right there having a great time and laughing. He stood like a statue frowning.

- He is a poop-holder and refuses to go of his own free will no matter what bribes I give him. (this is getting medical attention but I mention it because it points to his stubbornness).

- When he has tantrums they can last 30 minutes or more even if I totally disengage.

- He asks me questions and then gets really mad about my answers. Like, what my favorite color is or what was that sound outside and he'll just start shouting "NO IT ISN'T!"

I guess what I'm wondering is, is he just a "spirited child" as they say, or is he truly very different from other kids. I try not to let it worry me, especially since I was a "different" and problematic child and I ended up being fine, but some days it really wears me down.
marenmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote