View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #9
Rdesonia
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ham stock.

I don't scrape off fat or anything. I just run it through a strainer before I put it in the fridge or use it.
I love Ham stock/broth for bean soup or pea/lentil soup.
I also use it to cook beans like blackeyed peas or pintos. (Sometimes 1/2 stock ans 1/2 water depending on how strong it is)

I used mine from Christmas to make a yummy Thai Curry. Probably not 100% authentic but sure was yummy. It was also a great use for those leftover salty pineapple slices that never get eaten. No real recipe just used what I had... 1 onion diced, carrots sliced, 1 fresh sweet potato cubed, 1/2 stalk of celery minced, 3 russet potatoes cubed, 1 green pepper, lots of curry powder, pineapple from the ham and some uncooked that I saved (we used a real pineapple not a can), pepper, extra pepperika (I used both smoky and plain), tameric, a little cayenne (DS hates hot foods so just a dash), a can of coconut milk, and near the end a cup or so of frozen peas. I served it over rice. DH added some hot sauce to his (like Louisiana type but not). He said it tasted like the Thai Restaurant we go to. (He even checked to make sure I really cooked it ...LOL)

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote