Old 12-28-2012, 07:58 PM   #9
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Re: Weight Gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaLEB View Post
I'm still a few pounds below prepregnancy weight because of HG. I'd definitely get checked out, but try not to worry too much yet. If you're able to eat and drink normally it's probably just a fluke.
agree.

And sometimes we can carry a lot more water weight than we think.

Drinking more water helps flush fat and excess water from the body = weight loss. Sometimes a lot in a short period of time.

If you've been really diligent about your hydration and then on top of that eaten a ton of fiber this week AND been sick it could explain such a big loss so fast.

Obviously, still get checked out. But, honestly, if you are eating healthy foods, not obsessing about your weight (like, working out everyday for 3 hours or something drastic and unusual), your body GENERALLY will do what it needs to in order to grow a healthy baby.

Another thing to consider is, are you eating healthier since you became pregnant? If so, it could be your body adjusting to a new, healthier diet. It would mean you have less fat left over to store (or none) and so your body is burning some stored fat to grow the baby.

Anyway, I agree with the poster who said that if you were overweight to begin with, I would not worry a lot about it. Just make sure you are eating healthy, and an appropriate amount of calories, and you *should* be fine, unless you have some sort of rare condition or something.

I know of a handful overweight women who became pregnant, began eating a very healthy diet, and lost weight throughout their pregnancy, and wound up weighing LESS after giving birth than they did when they became pregnant. It's not typical, but it does happen.

Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote