View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 09:22 PM   #20
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaMommy2 View Post

Don't worry I am switching sides. I just start her on the right side more often. That's what that doctors office told me to do. I just got a rental pump again so I'm going to start pumping tonight. The baby is wetting enough, just not as frequently as before. She tends to hold it and go all at once. My left side is huge and overflowing with milk so she's getting most of her food from that side. I wouldn't mind being lopsided if the left side didn't hurt so much. I'm worried that I'm going to get mastitis and lose my milk and with the right side hardly producing that would be a huge problem. I'm not getting anything from my right side right now with the pump and I can only get drops with hand expression. Last month before I stopped pumping I was always getting at least an ounce after feeding and four ounces n the morning after feeding. I also checked my weight today and I'm down 4 lbs from last week so that might have something to do with it. I've been drinking lots of water and some juice though to stay hydrated. I've been trying to eat more today and I think it's getting better.
I think its best to only feed on beast per session. It's easier too. I think you're way over thinking the right boob situation. You can't always pump your milk so its not a good indicator how much its making. Now that you got the pump I'd pump your left. Feed baby from the right at her next feeding. Ditch the pump and bf. Next feeding feed from the left. Keep up the rotation.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote