View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 12:09 AM   #56
kirst
Registered Users
seller

Re: Which diapers have you had worst experiences with?

I find it funny how many people hate Kushies and yet there's always Kushies for sale used at cheap prices...must be the cute prints that keep people buying them and giving them a try!

I bought a set of 5 for $5 at a garage sale and only two of them were worn. I took them home and washed them, put them on my son, and realized after half an hour why they were so cheap! Zero absorbancy. And the hidden vinyl layer must be completely crap at offering any sort of water resistance. I do like the fit on my bigger boy and the flap pocket idea (somewhat like a BG Freetime). I'm hoping to be able to pimp them out with some hemp and microfiber aand fleece to make them into stay-dry fitted diapers to wear under wool...only reason I'm bothering is because the prints are so cute and the velcro is oddly strong.

Good thing I didn't buy them new because that type of leaking turns newbies off cloth diapers forever.

I didn't like Kissaluv size 0's but that was because they didn't have enough absorbancy for my heavy wetter (even as a newborn) and he needs stay-dry inners. I bought 14 of them which I sold a few weeks later for pretty close to what I paid for them, so I don't feel too bitter about it. They seemed like a quality good product...just weren't right for my baby, and they weren't overpriced for what they were.

I am probably the most bitter about my BG OS pockets that I bought that had very poor quality aplix (as others have said) and are very shallow in the rise (not really a OS diaper at all). I sold them at a huge loss and I had 16 of them. It didn't stop me from giving the Freetimes a try....they are okay, but not worth the outrageous price tag (IMO). I got them with snaps because I had already experienced BG's aplix failure, and I'm hoping I will be able to resell them soon at a good price as my son has outgrown them already, too. I wish they'd be more honest in their supposed size/weight range on BG products.

I expected to dislike Kawaii diapers, but picked up 2 intially on eBay because they were so cheap I figured I'd try them, and found them to hold up well in the wash and fit my son well....now the majority of my stash is HD2 dipes.

I also halfways expected wool to be a flop in my household because I'm kind of lazy and busy at same time...but turns out that I love it and don't find washing it and lanolizing it to be too bad time-wise.

I think the silver lining to my BG experience was I realized that just because something is a big brand name and has lots of fans, that doesn't mean it will be great or worth the money....and that has kept me from spending money trying out "trendy" expensive fitteds that some people seem to collect or uber pricey woolies that are basically just interlock track pants and aren't even handknits.
kirst is offline   Reply With Quote