View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 12:17 PM   #59
GreenDahlia
Registered
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What Lengths Have You/Would You Go To To Stay Home?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38 View Post
I don't know that there's anything that would make me stay home...at least not FT. Right now, I do wish I had more time to spend w/ DD & that the time I do spend w/ her had fewer other demands. However, DP & I each make pretty good incomes. I have no desire to SAH once DD (&/or future kids) are in school, but I fear that staying home FT would take me away from my profession, & that when I was ready to return to work, I would have lost skills, a professional network, and a certain amount of relevance. Ideally, I'd like a PT position...especially since DD is doing so great in her DC/Preschool class that I'd still want to keep her in PT, even if I were able to stay at home.
I agree with you. We'd be ok financially with me staying home. But, we'd be sacrificing so much. When I think of our family's future, I think about all aspects including what it will be like when the girls start school, my job prospects in the future, and retirement. When we discussed me staying home, it came down to the fact that our family will benefit more from me working. I miss my daughters like crazy and I do question whether I'm doing the right thing. But with me working we do have more financial security and stability.
Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
~Mae West
GreenDahlia is offline   Reply With Quote