View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 04:06 PM   #16
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What did you get for your second baby?

Here is a thought for you... With my first I had everything, and multiples of it. Before my second was born, I did a huge purge and whatever wasn't a "need" got put away in the attic, and I promised myself that, if I didn't use it for #2 I would simply get rid of it. After #2 I purged even more. But, I didn't just take it all to the consignment shop - I sold it individually, taking the time to get the most bang for my items. In doing so, and in shopping used kids shops in upscale cities, I was able to completely replace all non-sentimental things with suuuuuuper nice baby gear.

So, baby #3 has:

-Baby Bjorn bouncy seat
-Svan bouncy seat
-Peg Perego Pliko Switch stroller (platform on back for older child, plus the seat comes off to use it as a snap-n-go, but it is also the BEST full-size stroller out there)
-Peg Perego leather car seat
-Ergo and Moby
-Baby Hammock
-Heimess wooden baby gym
-TONS of nice organic clothes

We co-sleep so crib isn't needed but I have a really nice Humanity Family Bed co-sleeper that we love.

If you have a basement full of baby stuff, and have the time to purge, I say go for it - sell what you don't totally love and replace it with nice, wooden/heirloom stuff.
Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote