Old 12-30-2012, 08:43 AM   #21
mpink22
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Baby led Weaning - No Baby Foods or Puree's

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaof3luv View Post
I could see doing this with things like bananas or soft table food for an older baby. However, I am not brave enough to try it with all the foods the gurus suggest for younger babies. I respect the moms that have tried it sucessfully though.

We started at 6 months. In the month we have done it, my DS (no teeth) has had lots of foods and loves them. I steam most things until they are really soft and he gums them very well. We have done squash, pumpkin, carrots, avocado, bananas, apples, pears, sweet potato, peas, beef stew with no beef for him. I was nervous about it at first, but I watch him closely. He has gagged a few times, but never choked. When he has gagged, it just brings the food up, he chews it and that is that. I will say that regarding the carrots, I steam the baby ones and the thicker ones I cut in half.