View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 05:01 AM   #11
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: POLL:How many cookbooks do you have?

I have around 25, but if its a magazine or those register style cookbook I tear our recipes that look good and then throw away the book. All my books have to fit on one shelf in a certain spot so i don't keep a bunch of recipes that we have no interest in trying. Once we have tried the recipe it either then goes in the trash or get transferred to a recipe card and put into my recipe box (which is about the size of an adult shoe box. For hard cover books i go through and once we have tried all the recipes that interest us and transferred keepers i give the book away. the only books I keep long term are gifts (I got a couple for our wedding), canning, campfire and holiday cookbooks. I buy cooking magazines pretty regularly. I don't really have many hardback cookbooks. I think i bought 3 total and they were diet type books. I'd really like an old betty crocker cookbook. The problem with most cookbooks for us, which is why I don't get them, is dd's allergies. We can't use half the recipes.