View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
Mommy2JandS
Registered Users
seller
seller

Through the night weaning...

I don't necessarily want to force my DD to wean entirely, but she's 27 months old and sleeps typically on 2-3 hours at a time. She wakes up crying.. sometimes nearly screaming and will not go back to sleep unless I nurse her. I really don't mind her nursing at naptime and bedtime, but the waking up to nurse through the night and needing to stay attached to me in order to sleep is killing me. I have no DH support and never had with her sleeping. So in part I think she's developed some sleep issues b/c of bad habits. I also have a year old son with Sensory processing disorder and related sleeping issues, so in order to not wake him up I often nursed DD from infancy as to help her calm down and be quiet. I have a history of poor supply too, so I suspect much of her nursing is and has been for comfort. Does anyone have any advice to help me get her to sleep through the night without nursing. I kid you not she will not go to sleep without me and she will scream and cry if I refuse to nurse her when she wakes up. And I really wish I knew why she sleeps such a short time before waking up at night anyway.