View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #8
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

Re: Pregnancy After Loss (Jan 1-15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaisleyDeann View Post

AFM: At my first MW appointment at 10.5 weeks, we couldn't find baby's heartbeat so I was withdrawn for awhile, but we had our first ultrasound yesterday at 12 weeks and saw a perfect, healthy baby in there It was so surreal to see the baby kicking and sucking its thumb. Just such a miracle and blessing!! HR was 157 and baby was measuring 4 days ahead.
Congrats! Glad you had good results and can relax a tiny bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviandgarettsmom View Post
I am really struggling the past couple days & I HATE IT!!! I am so tired of "trying not to worry." I am borderline regretting the doppler I got as it is the reason the past few days have been so bad. Christmas Eve & the day after Christmas I found baby's hb pretty easily. Actually, Christmas Eve I found it as soon as I stuck the probe to my skin, but since then I only heard it once (a couple days ago) for barely 3 secs. Yesterday & today...nothing! I even drank some coke & ate a donut to hopefully get baby moving around to catch a just a few seconds of that sweet sound. And I just can't shake the horrible feeling that something has gone wrong. :'( This just sucks!
That is hard. What worked best for me was to stay very low and find my HB on the right artery, then move slightly away from that. It was very difficult to catch at under 14 weeks for me. Try again, take as much time as you need. If you still can't find it, call your OB or MW and express your concerns.